Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Duchess LaCarte's Political Cartoon

President Bush's Journey to Britian
President Bush: "Hey, isn't that Big Ben?"
Secretary: "No President Bush, that's the Statue of Liberty."

Back in '02, when the Duchess Verilnikoff LaCarte was in the 6th grade, she was given an assignment to create a political cartoon. I was very proud at the result. My friend, Xtcfan pointed out how she has Airforce One ready to crash into the Statue of Liberty symbolizing this administration's impact on our basic rights. I'm not sure that bit was deliberate, but I was still delighted to hear that interpretation. I don't think she got the deserved "A" grade though. The schools and teachers down here in the land of Intelligence Resigned are extremely conservative, and the teacher's comment was the typical, "I don't get it."

5 Comments:

Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

It is the usual disingenuous sort of comment you get from the right. They often mistake stupidity for cleverness.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Neddie said...

Duchess: Doesn't she also go under the name of The Red Curtain?

11:11 AM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Ned: There IS a resemblance there, but my ex was never anywhere near Swindon in 1990.

12:44 PM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

No no Neddie, she's obviously the daughter of a Ramone. Remember, the Viscount spent a lot of time at CBGB's...

2:21 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

LNF - My objective, unbiased opinion as well.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home