Saturday, January 28, 2006

Pleasant Diversion From Saturday

I am not easily persuaded by conspiracy theories. I believe in Occam's Razor for one thing. For another, I am skeptical of anyone's ability to keep a conspiracy of any magnitude that requires the cooperation of more than two people a secret.

Bearing that in mind, I still found all of the following at least thought provoking.

- The Viscount

January 27, 2006 -- An influential group of prominent experts and scholars have joined together alleging that senior government officials have covered up crucial facts about what really happened on 9/11. The members of this new non-partisan association, "Scholars for 9/11 Truth" (S9/11T), are convinced their research proves the current administration has been dishonest with the nation about events in New York and Washington, D.C.

Excerpted from here.

Thanks to Raw Story.

Scholars for 9/11 Truth: 20 Reasons to question the official story.

Does this make you paranoid?


Amateurish consipracy theory video that nevertheless raises some valid points toward the end in spite of its flaws.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I remain very skeptical of the claims of this group. The list of reasons to doubt the official findings are too vague. "A returned Air Force colonel"? How about a few names?

(2) The tape of interviews of air traffic controllers on-duty on 9/11 was intentionally destroyed by crushing the cassette by hand, cutting the tape into little pieces, and then dropping the pieces in different trash cans around the building

Says who? What building are we talking about? Crushed by whose hand? Specific details are included but other details (sources, names, location) are not. Classic rumor and urban legend stuff.

Do I think the 9/11 Commision did a thorough job? No. Were there irregularities in protocol re Bush, Air Force One, etc. on the morning of 9/11? Yep. Do I think there are administration officials lying or covering up certain things for politcal reasons? You bet your ass - I mean, look at the people we're dealing with.

But do I think this band of incompetents somehow caused the attack or had a hand in it and that there's a conspiracy? Hell, no.

9:40 AM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

I've got to agree with Kevin. Plus, as you say, how could they keep an operation of this scale secret?

Remember, the Clintons were murderers, right? Same kind of bullshit. Much as we want to believe the worst about the people we hate, I think we should probably focus on the obvious stuff they're doing -- hell, I know that Bush will say enough in 38 minutes tonight to fuel my anger for the rest of the year.

Plus, when it comes right down to it, I can't trust an organization that would give itself an abbreviation (S9/11T) that sounds like a clothing or shoe size.

I mean, c'mon, he makes me want to qgukm

2:50 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Yeah guys, I agree. I don't put much stock in their conclusions, but if you look and listen with a skeptical eye and ear, there still is some complelling evidence that there was more going on than they are admitting to.

Kevin is right - it is the old "some people say" and "according to a high ranking official" they always have to bolster the case with bullshit.

It is at least interesting that the security firm in charge at the WTC was GWB's brother. Hard to believe that they planted bombs - easier to believe that they were asleep at the wheel and now are being protected.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home