Monday, February 06, 2006

Today's Antidote - Updated!

Still trying to cut myself a break from politics. Not easy. Yesterday morning the local NBC affiliate aired their weekly political analysis, and it really pissed me off because the republican shill under the guise of objective analyst basically told everyone that Bush had outlined some bold new initiatives regarding independence from foreign oil and touted the development of alternative energy sources, but neglected to point out that the day after the speech everything he said was withdrawn by Whitehouse spokesmen, and that the budget for FY06 includes $50 million in cuts in the DOE’s budget for research into alternative energy, and that the president opposes the “renewables” requirement in the proposed energy legislation.

[Note: 12:56 EST Update. The guy's name is Bill Crane, and he works for GCI. He has been presented as a political analyst for WXIA, and he is employed by a PR company that represents the Republican party. Liberal media my butt!]

Added to the fact that people are hell bent on killing each other over their stupid religious beliefs. There’s that. As the Viscountess said the other night in between stories about work and the standard “what should be do about dinner” discussion, “It’s bad enough when people kill each other over something real like land, but it is all the more horrid when they kill each other over some imaginary nonsense thought up by idiots over 2000 years ago!”

Oh well, here’s my antidote for the day. What an awesome record. Produced by Stevie at the age of 20. Love that electric sitar!

(Click here to listen.)

Signed, Sealed Delivered I’m Yours
By Lee Garrett/Lula Mae Hardaway/Stevie Wonder/Syreeta Wright
From Signed, Sealed Delivered

Like a fool I went and stayed too long
Now I'm wondering if your love's still strong
Oo baby, here I am, signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours

Then that time I went and said goodbye
Now I'm back and not ashamed to cry
Oo baby, here I am, signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours

Here I am baby
Oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)

Here I am baby,
oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours)

I've done alot of foolish things
that I really didn't mean
Hey, hey, yea, yea, didn't I, oh baby

Seen alot of things in this old world
When I touched them they did nothing, girl
Oo baby, here I am, signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours, oh I'm yours

Oo-wee babe you set my soul on fire
That's why I know you are my only desire
Oo baby, here I am, signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours

Here I am baby
Oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)

Here I am baby,
oh, you've got the future in your hand
(signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours)

I've done alot of foolish things
that I really didn't mean
I could be a broken man but here I am

With your future, got your future babe (here I am baby)
Here I am baby (signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)
Here I am baby, (here I am baby)
Here I am baby (signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)
Here I am baby, (here I am baby)
Here I am baby (signed, sealed delivered, I'm yours)


***
The Week's Top 10.

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

It's just impossible to get away, isn't it? If you're anywhere near a radio...or even if you avoid the media altogther and just talk to friends, some new idiocy of this administration is bound to surface.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Eidin said...

Neil's right. It almost takes a radical departure from your everyday life to escape politics. Once it's been on your radar - it's hard to ignore it.

BTW - Did you watch any political fims this past year? If so, I'd be curious to find out which one you liked best. I'm taking nominations over at my blog.

1:12 PM  
Blogger isabelita said...

As one of the characters in the movie "Dr. Zhivago" said, "The personal life is dead in Russia." That was around the time of the Revolution...

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home