Sunday, June 11, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me


Today is my birthday.

This business with Ann Coulter has really gotten me down.

Again.

She represents everything that is wrong with the human race. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't actually know people who adore her. Who defend her. Who agree with her. Who wish they could sleep with her.

But I do.

Here’s my song for my birthday.

Cynical Days (listen)
By Colin Moulding
From XTC's “Oranges and Lemons”

Another year's gone by, the world's grown older
Sometimes I heave a sigh, people grow colder
Every day I do my best to show,
I can make it in this world I know
But all the bad thoughts that people bring
My faith in human nature's getting pretty thin

Help me get through these cynical days
Help me get through my cynical ways
You say it's just a passing phase
You've got to help me get through, these cynical days

Another see through scheme, people are shallow
The dark night's closing in, my dark thoughts follow
I try and make my world a better place
(my efforts seem in vain)
But I'm competing in a human race
(falling deeper down the drain)
That value things that just don't count
Makes me wonder what it's all about

Help me get through these cynical days
Help me get through my cynical ways
You say it's just a passing phase
You've got to help me get through, these cynical days

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Al!

Try not to give Coulter too much thought today. You should try to think happy thoughts on your big day.

:)

7:17 PM  
Blogger The Heretik said...

Happy Birthday, Viscount.

11:07 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Thank you. I did end up having a nice birthday. We (the 8 of us!) went out for breakfast and my kids gave me a new travle mug and coffee card from Caribou coffee. Then we had a pleasant day.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Soundsurfr said...

Happy Birthday, Viscount. Crack open a bottle of Rodney with the Contessa.

11:47 AM  
Blogger isabelita said...

A very Happy Birthday to you. As far as the Demon Bitch Who Shall Nt Be Named is concerned, I had a thought while watching a few minutes of Mel Brooks talking about how he dealt with his hatred of Hitler. Brooks said the only way he could deal with the residual horrors was to come out swinging with intensely satirical humor. Al Franken's pretty good, but maybe more hilarious vitriol can be produced!
Or She Who shall Not Be Named can be ignored. She's a tough troll to delete...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I hope ya had a good one, despite whasserface.

2:48 PM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

Happy B(elated)day, Monsieur le Viscount. If nobility resides in the mind and soul, then you should get a promotion to King or something.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Happy belated birthday, Viscount!

As for Coulter, I'm pretty sure it's a dick under her mini, and whoever wants to sleep with her must be exterminated per the neocons' own moral laws.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

Happy B-day, dawg.

Things are going to get better. History has shown.

10:22 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Thanks everyone.

As it turned out I had a great birthday, in spite of the republicans...

4:11 PM  
Blogger Soundsurfr said...

I'm pretty sure it's a dick under her mini...

I didn't think I could be more revolted by Coulter until I read that.

Thanks for the image.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home