Friday, July 21, 2006

You're Finished


"You're finished."

My favorite Stephen King adaptation has to be “The Dead Zone.” Christopher Walken is a fine actor, and he captured the protagonist perfectly, as did Martin Sheen with the antagonist.

Ralph Reed, the "Good Christian Man," has always reminded me of the Greg Stillson character. Stillson was a bible salesman who had aspirations to the Whitehouse.

Need I say more?

I did my part. I actually crossed party lines on Tuesday, held my nose and pulled the trigger for his opponent, a conservative Republican, as did my wife, my daughter, and my brother.

Have a great weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

And Happy Weekend Wishes right back at cha. :)

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were around Georgia in the '80s you may remember one Pat Swindall, a conservative religious Republican with an angelic face and a very promising future in the theocracy business, like Mr Reed, whose promise fizzled out when he was convicted (of money laundering?) and sent to prison for a year or two.
His prosecutor, if I recall correctly, was one Bob Barr.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Ralph Reed is creepy. And a creep. He creeps me out.

Am I making myself clear?

12:14 PM  
Blogger roxtar said...

If he isn't gay, I'll .....well, forget it. There's just no way he isn't gay. He makes Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III look like a professional wrestler.

1:29 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Pat Swindall

You couldn't make up a name like that for a fictional corrupt politician. No one would buy it. Then of course there was the infamous Mitch Skandalakis,who not-so-coincidentally was wrapped-up with Ralph Reed.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You couldn't make up a name like that for a fictional corrupt politician.

Just think of the fun Dickens would have had with that name.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Eidin said...

Good comparison. I don't think "The Dead Zone" is my favorite Stephen King adaptation but it is good. My pick for favorite adaptation is probably "Stand By Me."

11:28 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Stand By Me.

You know, I forgot all about that one. Great flick.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home