Sunday, September 17, 2006

Here I am in Shangri-La

Well well well well well well well.

Well.

Just popping in to say that I survived my first week on the road, delayed flights and emergency vehicle landings notwithstanding.

I started the Shangri-La diet this week, (thanks to Mr. Cherfus) and I'll be damned but the thing works. I've already lost 4 pounds and I was on the road with an expense account eating in restaurants! The Viscountess has reported similar results.

I see that my blog has survived as well. I want to thank Mr. Lightfoot for giving this blog a good swift-kick in the arse while I was away. Somebody had to do it.

Thing is, what am I gonna do now?

Well, there's always The Rutles. Let's give a listen to "Shangri La."

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Hey! I thought you weren't going to start until you got back from the road trip. Were you using oil, or sugar water, or both?

I'm really glad it worked for you.

11:32 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

I decided to start on the road. I did sugar water twice a day Monday to Friday, and over the weekend I did the water in the morning and the ELOO in the afternoon.

It is just as you say - food just isn't as compelling. I still enjoy the meal, but I eat less and if I have a snack I don't eat as much as I used to.

My wife is amazed. She was starving herself all week to lose a pound or two, only to gain it back by Monday morning. She weighed herself this morning and lost another pound.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Interesting diet. May have to try it myself.

Finally got back to exercising after a couple of lazy months. That should help too.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home