Monday, October 16, 2006

Friday Night San Francisco

I guess you had to be there and you'd have to know Pete, but it was textbook.

I was in the SF area all last week. Booked on the Friday night red-eye, I was free to visit with my old friend "Hippy" Pete Roberts.

After a great dinner at a quiet Chinese restaurant we were headed back to his place. He ended up being turned-around on Market St. heading in the wrong direction. There was an ebb in the traffic, nary a car in sight, so he decided to make a quick U-Turn. Sadly, there was a CHP just waiting there for us. He switched on his lights and pulled us over.

"License, registration and proof of insurance..."

"Sure. Here ya go."

"I pulled you over because you made an illegal U-Turn across a double-yellow line.

"Right on."

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I think more people should say "right on." It's so affirmative.

Ain't nothing affirmative these days, it seems.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha. Right on.

Ha ha ha ha.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

Dude, i forgot to mention my high level of mirth at the "how much dick would a wood chipper chip" thing too.

Personally I suspect you've been smoking marihuana.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home