Friday, December 22, 2006

My Friend Hates Me

Stuck in Dallas this week. The week before Christmas. Got sick on a Caesar Salad on Wednesday night.

Then, last night out of the blue, I received an email from an old friend. He lives in another state, but over the years we had maintained a relationship via the internet and telephone. I saw him a couple of times when I was in town on business. Out of respect for his privacy, I won't print it verbatim, but the gist of it was that he felt like I thought of him as beneath me and not a peer, that I was condescending, and that he wanted to terminate our friendship.

In the words of Vic Ferrari, "Hard to feel good after that."



This came as a shock, and I was taken aback by it. I don't think of him that way, and I told him so. I feel pretty badly about the whole thing.

Anyway, it reminded me of this song (which is essentially a live demo) by P. Hux.

3 Comments:

Blogger roxtar said...

Sounds to me like it's not about you, it's about him. If he's feeling bad about whatever is going on (or not going on)in his life, it wouldn't be unusual for someone in his position to project his damaged self-image onto others.

But, yeah. It's gotta suck.

5:53 PM  
Blogger roxtar said...

Upon further review.....

I've lived in Texas, and there's only one thing in that entire god-forsaken state I have any use for. Beef. Thick, red, well-marbled slabs of grass-fed goodness.

I'm not surprised a Caesar salad laid you low. What the hell would a Texan know about salads? Stick with the local cuisine. If you're ever in Topeka, politely decline the oysters-on-the-half-shell.

But I hope you're feeling better, all-around.

2:15 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Yeah - and I did get a good steak the night before.

Thanks for your good wishes and have a peacful and joyous holiday.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home