Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Hey Simon, If You're Lurking...


We are all concerned. You know who I mean by we. I suspect some Christer scared the 'ell(oquence) out of you to the point of severing all your ties. I can understand, because they scare the shit out of me, and I don't share the nerve that you showed, posting whatever the hell you felt like. Believe me, sometimes some of the things you wrote made me a bit uncomfortable myself, but I admired the hell out of you for your honesty, and just accepted you as you were.

Also, I realize that a lot of us have blogger pseudonyms and you don't always know who you are dealing with, so you might suspect a friendly spectre. I know I would, because an anonymous threat can be frightening to the point of paralysis.

If you can, do us a favor, will ya mate? Drop an anonymous comment and tell us you are ok. You can just say something like, "yeah, I'm alright mate," but include a reference that will tip us to the fact that it is really you.

I'm hoping that all is well with you and that you did what you felt you had to do, but are otherwise fine. We miss you, and we care...

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Here's hoping there's a response. When he's disappered in the past I've not been able to get a response to emails. Maybe this will work and get everybody the info all together.

10:59 AM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

I just want him to understand that people care about him and that we'd like to know that he's ok.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm hoping that all is well with you and that you did what you felt you had to do, but are otherwise fine. We miss you, and we care..."

Simon's was my favorite blog, bar none. Damn, if my employer even suspected how much work time I squandered reading his writings, I'd probably be fired on the spot! It wasn't just the Australian stuff he shared (like telling us what a "poofta" is); the M-Fer could flat out tell a story like no one else. True classics, too good for the blogosphere, really. Where ever you are, my friend, I second what the Viscount wrote.

Never figured it was the Christers, though. As I recall, he'd gotten involved in some of those musical mash-up circles, and he'd sort of had words with one or two of them toward the end there. I figured he just finally got pissed and said fuck it, packed it all in, and just started writing books and or music for himself or something. I can respect that, of course. (Still, I do wish I at least knew he was doing okay.)

12:53 PM  
Blogger roxtar said...

Wasn't there recently a post (maybe at Bobby Lightfoot's) that had the look and feel of genuine Simon? In fact, someone even asked if that was him. Response? Dunno.

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I read one of Simon's posts on his blog. It was the most 'real' writing in a blog I'd ever read. Simon - hope you're OK.

1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Simon, just a quick "hello" would do. I'm missing your blog and your music - a list of health and fitness centres is no substitute for Homefront Radio.
.
Even if you don't want to correspond with all of your e-mates, could you at least contact one so that they can let the rest of us know that all is well Down Under (and I don't mean in the underpant department)?

Take care, mate.
ade

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home