Sunday, April 08, 2007

Bush Prays For Peace At Easter Service


FORT HOOD, Texas — President Bush prayed for peace Sunday at an Easter service during a visit to an Army post that has sent thousands of soldiers to war in Iraq.

One of the (many) bitter ironies here is that he is one of the few people in the world who can actually do more than just pray for peace. I wonder if back in 2002 he prayed for war?

***

On a personal note my mother passed away early this morning after a long bout with dementia. We lost her about 2 years ago but she lingered on. We are all saddened at her passing but are also relieved that her suffering is over.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I guess I'll ignore the Bush hypocrisy, which is by now routine, and simply say I'm sorry to hear about your mother.

Hang in there.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

Oh, man. Super fucking sorry. I know the slightest edge of relief can't begin to compete with the loss. We're with you.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. My Dad left us a few years ago and, although we hadn't spoken in a long time, it was very difficult to accept.

Regarding Bush, what is there to say? I guess his prayers for peace prior to the Iraq invasion were ignored by the big guy. You know, Bush prayed: "God, if you don't want me to invade, send me a sign. (silent pause) OK, I guess you want me to! Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord!"

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me, not Anonymous - whoever that is.

1:06 AM  
Blogger jemison said...

Condolences on your Mom.

4:42 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Thanks to all for your kind words and condolences.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bush thing makes more sense if you change the spelling to "prey."

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home