Friday, June 01, 2007

40 Years Ago Today?




On the 40th anniversary of Sgt. Peppers...



It's Friday. The end of a long week, with a buncha long weeks in the wings. Maybe YOU had Monday off, but I had to fly to Houston. I've been out of gas recently when it comes to blogging. Tom in a (I guess) Pirsig moment told me to write about one thing.

So, here it is. These are some of the butterflies that batted their wings the right way...



This IS the record that did it. Well, one of 'em anyway.



'Course, legend has it that Paul impressed John with his rendition of this one:



"Before Elvis, there was nothing."

- John Lennon




But wait! Would Paul have been Paul without him?
WOOOOOOOOH!



I'll leave you with this...from 1991,
Paul, in a rare moment of unpretentious cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Okay. I had to take out the Unplugged CD. Haven't listened to it in ages. The track I always liked was "Every Night" because it introduced me to a song of his that I did not know. (My knowledge of solo McCartney is spotty. Wings I know.)

Re the other vids, I have the same question for you, Al, as I had for Neddie: Have you seen the McCartney profile in the new New Yorker? A lot of this is covered therein. Cool stuff.

8:22 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

The original studio version of Every Night could have been a Beatle song.

The answer to your question is "no," but I'm sure I'd like to.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home