Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Me7e

Bobby Lightfoot tagged me to do the Meme of 7. Seems like a fine idea.

7 Things to do before I die:

1) Tour the vineyards of Italy with The Viscountess.
2) Live in a world where idiots on the radio are held accountable for the stupid things they say
3) Get out of the Southeast
4) Learn the lesson of the Swift quote at the top of my blog
5) Change careers
6) Accept blatant contradiction as part of the human condition
7) Finish recording “Savage Breeze” with Soundsurfr and MT Vanus*

7 Things I cannot do

1) Sing
2) Play basketball
3) Watch sports on television
4) Watch reality TV
5) Become a vegan
6) Eat liver
7) Crossword puzzles

7 Things I say most often

1) "Bloody Shite"
2) "Stupid dog"
3) "Out of my chair"
4) "[CENSORED] Stupid republicans"
5) "I hate these big pieces of [CENSORED!] crap!" (SUV’s and large Pickup Trucks)
6) "What’s wrong with you?"
7) "I love you (too)"

7 Movies I can watch over and over again

1) Groundhog Day
2) The Mask (Jim Carrey)
3) Men In Black
4) Casablanca
5) Shrek
6) House of Games
7) Any Kubrick Movie

7 Books I love

1) The Glass Bead Game - Hesse
2) Siddhartha - Hesse
3) Hop on Pop - Seuss
4) The Hobbit - Tolkien
5) The Stand - King
6) A Matter of Honor - Archer
7) Noble House – Clavell

11 People who are a national disgrace

01) George W. Bush
02) Dick Cheney
03) Karl Rove
04) Donald Rumsfeld
05) Tom DeLay
06) Rush Limbaugh
07) Ann Coulter
08) Bill O’Reilly
09) Sean Hannity
10) Neil Boortz
11) Michael Savage

7 People I want to play too

1) Jill
2) Sound
3) Decatur Dem (can submit as comments)
4) Xtcfan (can submit as comments)
5) MT Vanus (can submit as comments)
6) Manny Festo
7) Kevin

*”Savage Breeze” is a 5 song cycle by MT Vanus and Terence Douglas written in 1974. They were just kids. We never recorded it properly. About 2 years ago I convinced Soundsurfr to help us get a good recording of it. It is a work in process, and the going is slow.

8 Comments:

Blogger Soundsurfr said...

OK, I'll play. It'll be up on my blog today or tomorrow.

As for Savage Breeze -it's waitin' on you and the Tirp. Unless you want to try a different approach.

ehndg - the last frankfurter you'll ever eat.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

LOL on the 'liver'! The other thing for me is lutefisk. Hey, dude, I finally got around to those Koufax things and nominated you in the Deserving of More Recognition. So now you can add 'Get More Recognition!' to the list of things to do before you die in Denver when you're dead. Was that it? Thanks for your comment on Christ-on-a-Lilypad. I would LOVE to see Jesus whipping Bill O'Reilly! Mel Dipshit can make a movie of it, 'The Passion of the Pussy'. Oh oh...did I say something bad?

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, your Viscountness, I'll play. Just need a little time.
Meanwhile: how do you know you aren't watching Groundhog Day over, and over, and over...?

zxhwcskr-- Monica Lewinski gave up on Scrabble when she drew these tiles that night in the Oval Office; but it gave her an idea...

5:30 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

how do you know you aren't watching Groundhog Day over, and over, and over...?

Good catch DD, but it truly is one of my favorite movies....

Back when I was a corporate trainer, I once trained the same weekly course 6 weeks in a row. I referenced Groundhog Day more than once I can tell you.

Or did I?

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 History lessons I hope to share with my grandchildren one day:
1. You can’t tell now, but this city was almost destroyed by a hurricane. Now finish that oyster po’ boy, cher, and we’ll go for a ride on the trolley.
2. Texas used to be part of this country. Got to be nobody could put up with any more of their…er, stuff.
3. The Age of Reason lasted roughly from 1600-1800, and then had a comeback starting around 2006.
4. Intelligent Design? That was another term for something called Creationism, which said… Oh never mind- nobody your age would believe that stuff anyway.
5. Locomotive? No, hon, that was a kind of truck they called an “SUV”, and families drove around in them. Ask your mother about guys who have to compensate for their anxiety about their masculinity.
6. You know how some of your friends are darker skinned and some are lighter? Some people used to just obsess about that.
7. The Republican Party was a political party that started with our greatest president and died in the first decade of the century because of greed, hubris, and general knavery. From Lincoln to Bush in a brief 140 years.

10:47 PM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

Aw man, dis gonna be hard.

7 Things to do before I die:
1) Jam (i.e., play drums and sing) with one or more members of XTC
2) Travel the world
3) Travel into space
4) Move to England
5) See the Northern and Southern Lights (at different times, of course)
6) See my kids grown up and happy
7) Retire comfortably with my wife

7 Things I cannot do:
1) Play basketball (withya on that one, Al)
2) Stand heights
3) Suffer fools easily
4) Drive the speed limit
5) Watch reality TV
6) Drink bad wine
7) Feel indifference when viewing an image of Salma Hayek

7 things that attract me to [music]:
1) I feel it
2) It distracts me when I'm anxious, comforts me when I'm sad, occupies me when I'm bored, inspires me to be creative, etc.
3) There will never be enough of it
4) We will never find the end of it
5) It can piss off authority figures
6) It can make you horny
7) Playing it is the closest I've ever come to tapping into the Collective Unconscious

7 Things I say most often:
1) Unbelievable! (in positive and negative sense)
2) Nice. (ditto)
3) Excuse me, please, thank you (my momma taught me right)
4) Cock.
5) Cool!
6) You know?
7) I love you (too) (another Al bullseye)

That's it for this boy. Too many beautiful movies and books (and paintings and buildings and women and landscapes and sculptures and...) out there for me to choose. My lists change every day anyway.

And everyone should play!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Playing it is the closest I've ever come to tapping into the Collective Unconscious
I get that. To paraphrase someone else's tag line somewhere, I'm pretty much an agnostic, except when I'm singing (or listening to) JS Bach. Or Faure, or Durufle. Or Brahms' German Requiem.

10:05 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Dem and Fan:

Thanks for playing along.



MT?

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home