Friday, January 13, 2006

Time For A Rerun


I'm feeling quite tired an unmotivated today. I'm reminded of the day my stepson, (who was in the 2nd grade at the time) was handed a homework assignment which was to write 7 sentences each containing one of the 7 days of the week:

It's not Monday.
It's Tuesday.
It's not Wednesday.
It's not Thursday.
It's not Friday.
It's not Saturday.
It's not Sunday.

The teacher was not nearly as amused as his mother and I were.

Anyway, my friend and frequent commenter Simon alerted me to this story: 'Truthiness' is word of the year

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- A panel of linguists has decided the word that best reflects 2005 is "truthiness," defined as the quality of stating concepts one wishes or believes to be true, rather than the facts.

And that reminded me of one my earliest posts, which is just some Conicidental Quotes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I've never heard this word and I only hope it never gains any real currency.

How 'bout instead of wishing things were true we made sure that whatever we said was true and rejected anything that isn't? Like, everything coming out of the White House?

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve Colbert of the Colbert Report is all over the truthiness situation and he's hysterical at it.

Al, that paper was toooooo cute. I hope you guys saved it.

:)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

That's one smart kid. Wish I'd thought of that. It was always fun to piss off the teachers.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home